Stand Against Violence (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- How we collect your personal information;
- What we use it for; and
- Your rights;
when using https://www.standagainstviolence.co.uk/ (our site).
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION & WHAT WE USE IT FOR
INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO US
- When you complete user account creation forms or other forms collecting information on our site.
- When you contact us (either by phone, email or otherwise).
- Details of your visits to the site.
- When you click on an email or message or other communication from us.
- When you complete surveys.
- Participate in user areas of our site (discussion boards, messaging services etc).
A FEW EXAMPLES:
- Your Name.
- Your name, age, telephone number, address, email address, your date of birth.
- A record of the email or information you send us.
- When you use a device (computer, tablet or phone) to access the site.
A FEW EXAMPLES:
- Device type, operating system, browser type, time zone settings, URL clickstreams, download/upload errors.
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
- Your device’s IP address.
INFORMATION WE ARE GIVEN BY THIRD PARTIES
- When third party provides us with information in relation to the services we are providing to them or you.
A FEW EXAMPLES:
- Information received from third parties that may be provided to us by marketing companies, professional service firms, sub-contractors and partners.
- Search information providers, analytics providers
WHAT DO WE USE THE INFORMATION FOR?
- To provide you with the functions and features of our site.
- To ensure our site is operating as best as it can with your device.
- To allow you to participate and use our site and service, including interactive features.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To report aggregate information to third parties.
- To match certain data against data sets to ensure that we have the correct information for you.
- To understand how you arrived at our site, how you use the site and how long you stayed during your visit.
- To notify you about changes.
- To provide you with information.
- For internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, reporting, testing, research, service improvement and record keeping. We may use anonymous data to evaluate and monitor the service.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. We may permit third parties to use your data for these purposes and they may contact you directly where you have agreed to let us do this?
- To aggregate and profile anonymous data (for example postcode profiling).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you or us.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND MARKETING
If you do not want us to use your personal information in the way set out above for marketing purposes, remember to tick the relevant box or option when you sign up for an account, contact us or make donations to say that you don’t want your personal information used for marketing purposes.
For changing your preferences in relation to marketing purposes or if you wish us to stop processing your personal information, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your previous agreement. Please note that we will need to process your personal information for you to use the features of the site. If you withdraw your agreement, you may no longer use the site. You can also ask us to correct, view or update the personal information you provide to us.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
The information you give us and the information provided by third parties may be shared internally and combined. We may use all of the information for the purposes set out above. We may also anonymise the data and combine it with other anonymised data and use that data internally and provide that anonymised data to third parties. Where third parties are providing us with information about you, we will be a data processor (i.e. a party instructed by another party to process your data in a specific way) and will only use and process that data in accordance with the instructions provided to us by the data controller (i.e. the party instructing another party to process your data).
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and/or stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we do not share your personal information with third-party marketers, unless we have asked for and obtained your explicit consent. We may share aggregated information with third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- who are part of our group of companies;
- to protect our users;
- when required to comply with any legal obligation or duty;
- to enforce our terms;
- exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection;
- if the brand or business (or part thereof) is sold to another company (we may disclose your data to a prospective seller or buyer of the business or assets); and
- our third-party service suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s hard drive.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your device browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including cookies that are essential) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure the protection of your data. We will do our best, but you accept that the sending of data over telecommunication systems is not completely secure.
Our site is regularly scanned for malware or any corrupted code and holds an SSL certificate.
You can access the personal information we hold about you by writing to us here. We may charge you a fee of £10 to cover our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
OTHER SITES (THAT AREN’T OURS)
Other sites (for example social media sites) will have their own privacy policies and may collect and use your personal information in different way. We recommend that you read these sites terms also as we have nothing to do with them.
Stand Against Violence is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998. You can contact us here.