We are currently recruiting freelance teachers to cover London and the South East areas.
Salary: Pay structure based on delivery:
- 1 hour delivery £40
- 1/2 day £120
- Full day delivery £210
Reporting to: Education and Training Lead
Stand Against Violence (SAV) is a UK registered violence prevention and reduction charity based in the South West. Created following the murder of Lloyd Fouracre in 2005, SAV seeks to prevent further mindless violence through using Lloyd’s story.
To deliver the educational work of Stand Against Violence efficiently and effectively.
Work with schools, youth offending services, prisons and other organisations to deliver our services and message. Adhere to SAV policy, help in the development of new educational services and promotion of existing services, liaise with schools and secure bookings. Act according to safeguarding policies for the organisation. SAV is working nationally so we expect teachers to be able and willing to travel although distance is negotiable. We also work with secondary and primary schools so would ask that applicants are able to teach or are willing to learn to deliver to all age groups. This work will also include corporate training delivery and adult teaching.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Deliver workshops/sessions with young people around the UK (within a reasonable distance from your home – to be discussed on interview)
- Liaise with schools and their staff prior to your attendance
- Support the development of new educational resources and services within SAV
- Be responsible for submitting your travel claims
- Work closely with our bookings coordinator and education and training lead
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner
- Attend training
- Undertake evaluation and questionnaire collection
Person Specification: Teacher
- Experience of teaching at appropriate school level and above (mainly secondary and primary school age groups)
- Ability to adapt to situations/audiences and use new approaches to include good classroom management
- Ability to deal with and explore emotional and emotive subjects accepting all perspectives sensitively
- Must be able to drive and hold a full and clean driving license with business insurance
- Excellent interpersonal skills including customer care and communication skills with substantial experience of communicating effectively with a wide range of people using different media and in different situations.
- Excellent listening skills and an empathic understanding.
- Organised and pro-active with excellent self-management skills and self-motivation
- High levels of discretion and experience of handling sensitive situations and information with integrity and good judgement.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A flexible attitude to working with a willingness to take on tasks outside of the usual remit including working irregular hours, travelling and staying overnight away from home.
- Excellent communication skills including timely response to enquiries and communications including email and phone (within 24hrs)
- Educated to degree standard or with an equivalent professional qualification.
- PGCE qualification
- Excellent IT skills, including word processing, use of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet skills.
- Experience of PSHE/Citizenship and a good understanding of the education sector, the curriculum and the policies and guidelines affecting schools
- Knowledge of the charity
- Experience of managing/leading a team effectively
- Good experience of working for a board of trustees
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector including an understanding of the impact of street violence and also knowledge of issues effecting young people.
- Specific experience/qualification in PSHE
- Experience of promoting inclusion and diversity through equal opportunities in the workplace.
- A good understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Experience in working with young offenders/prisoners
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced CRB check
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to Megan Crossley at firstname.lastname@example.org