We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and skilled individuals to join our board of trustees.
Stand Against Violence was set up following the unprovoked attack and murder of a young man, Lloyd Fouracre, on the eve of his 18th birthday.
The charity was founded by Lloyd’s brother Adam and has grown from a local Taunton charity to an organisation covering beyond the South West.
The aim is to prevent and reduce violence through educational workshops and resources and raise awareness for the consequences of violence.
A trusteeship is a responsible voluntary role. As a trustee of the charity you will:
- Directly contribute to the development and success of the charity from developing strategy and services to managing day to day governance
- Attend a monthly trustee meeting for 2 hrs
- Be actively involved in the fundraising and hands on tasks of the charity
- Provide a commitment of at least twelve months
Who we are looking for:
- A passionate and enthusiastic individual
- Self motivation
- Skills to benefit the charity’s development
Skills we are looking to recruit to the board:
- Marketing and press relations (inc. social media)
- Public Health (Violence)
- Academia (Violence and youth)
- Youth social work and teaching backgrounds
- Event managers/organisers
- Fundraisers (bid writing and events)
- Business strategy and planning skills
- Third sector
- Sales/charity sector
- Website and IT skills
Why choose to volunteer with us?
Being a trustee is a responsible role and could be perfect for someone who would like to share skills they already have. Our charity is rapidly developing and this role is ideal for someone who would enjoy contributing to this development.
We are a friendly team who support each other and encourage each other’s development by listening and sharing ideas. If you are a creative thinker and would relish the opportunity to put these skills into practice then this could be ideal for you.
This is an opportunity to affect positive change in your local community by reducing and preventing violence whilst expanding your networks, CV and skill base.
Full induction and support will be provided to welcome you to the board and help you to work to your full potential as an active trustee.
If you would like apply please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
The trustees will review your application and if you are successful you will be invited to an informal interview with some of the trustees.