Stand Against Violence (SAV) is a registered violence prevention and reduction charity based in the South West. Created following the murder of Lloyd Fouracre in 2005, SAV seeks to prevent further mindless violence through using Lloyd’s tragic story. SAV became a registered charity in 2010 and began as a small Taunton based campaign in 2005.
Volunteers are key to supporting this aim and this role description will give you an idea of one of the ways you can get involved.
Thank you for your interest in supporting us.
Why choose this role?
This is a support and coordinating role to help and enable more people to fundraise for SAV and our Violence Prevention service. You will gain personal satisfaction from this as well as gaining knowledge, experience and new skills which will give you confidence, new friends, and a reference for your CV should you want it.
Fundraising is vital to the growth of the charity. SAV raises money through a combination of fundraising, donations and applying for grants.
Recycling is a way that we can endorse our own environmental aims and those of our supporters, and we can also earn money for the charity from doing it. This role does NOT involve collecting or storing recyclables.
If you also care about the environment and would like to raise money for SAV this may be the role for you.
What could you be doing?
- Representing the charity effectively and appropriately.
- Researching potential organisations and visit or speak to them about recycling.
- Recruiting and organising other individuals to collect suitable recycling goods.
- Taking details of supporters and maintaining a relationship with them.
- Arranging the supply of Collection boxes and other merchandising as appropriate.
- Encouraging and enabling participants to hold other fundraising events.
- Giving telephone, message and email motivation and support.
- Keeping records.
- Possibly sending thank you letters and certificates.
- You may like to attend local events to support ‘our’ fundraisers.
What previous experience/skills do you need to have?
No previous experience is required and this a flexible role where hours are negotiable to the need, however, this role could be for you if you are:
- Enthusiastic about making a difference to your local community
- Passionate about preventing and reducing violence
- Confident about speaking and contacting individuals to support us
- Reliable and self-motivated in the role
- Able to create and maintain records as required
How much of your time does this role require?
The amount of time you commit is up to you and a plan can be structured with you at interview.
How will you be supported and trained?
Both training and on-going support will be provided by the SAV team and you will be directly supported and supervised by the charity’s fundraising manager.
How do you get started?
If you would like to volunteer, please complete an application form